How To Run a What-If DARS
A 'What-If' DARS allows students to review their completed courses with different degree programs at Virginia Tech.
Students in General Engineering or any student in a degree-granting major who is considering changing their major should run a 'What-If DARS' for the degree(s) they are interested in.
Steps to run a 'What-If' DARS:
- Go to Hokie Spa
- Click on the Hokie Spa tab at the top of the screen
- Scroll down and select 'DARS and Hokie GPS - Graduation Plan for Success'
- Select 'View Your Profile' underneath 'Student Access'
- Scroll down and click 'Select a Different Program'
- Select your 'First term enrolled' (this is what determines which degree requirements will be applied to your request).
- If desired, you can add a Minor to your request
- Click on 'Run a Different Program' to generate the report
Refer to How to Read a DARS to understand how to read the report.