For Summer/Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 Entering Students
- Computer: A tablet meeting the minimum specifications below or a combination of devices meeting this requirement
- Warranty: 3 Year onsite with accidental damage coverage (recommend 4 years) or ability to purchase a new computer immediately if it breaks.
- Software: University Undergraduate Bundle and Engineering Software Bundles
- Backup: Any backup solution acceptable. Unlimited space is provided for all students at VT on Google Drive
- 2 Factor Authentication Devices: Minimum of two devices recommended.
|Operating System||Windows 10, 64-bit version|
|Processor||6th Gen Intel Core i5 or i7 (i5-6300u or faster) -check your processor|
|Hard Drive||256 GB or larger; solid state drive (SSD)|
|Active Stylus||Integrated Active Digital Stylus (Wacom or N-trig)|
|Wireless||802.11ac dual band|
Want to take the guesswork out of choosing your computer?
Pick one of these devices that meet our requirements devices. Systems purchased from the University Bookstore are pre-configured to meet our requirements.
Do you still have questions?
Please email the Director of Information Technology or call 540-231-4376.