Software Bundle Information
For Summer/Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 Entering Students
Purchase is required
Do not purchase this software (especially Microsoft Office or Upgraded Windows Versions) elsewhere.
Important Software Information
All entering freshmen and transfer engineering students are required to purchase two software bundles:
- The University Undergraduate Bundle includes Office and Windows Upgrades for entirety of your undergraduate degree program, and is required for all students
- The Engineering bundle. - Only required for Engineering Students.
Answers to Common Questions:
- Pricing and Contents of Bundles: Details regarding both bundles will not be finalized until late June. Pricing is kept as close to the previous year as possible.
- Purchase is Mandatory: All Virginia Tech undergraduate students are required to purchase the University Undergraduate Bundle. Copies of any of the software purchased from another vendor cannot be substituted as part of the bundle. Engineering Undergraduates are required to purchase the Engineering Bundle.
- When to buy:
- The university undergraduate bundle is normally purchased during orientation.
- The Engineering bundle is billed late in summer, sometimes as late as the week before classes.
- The University Bundle is billed to you early on after admission.
- The Engineering Software Bundle will be charged to your normal bill (the same as tuition) once the license is signed. This process occurs very only a week or two before classes begin.
Receiving your software:
- The University Software Bundle can be downloaded (no CD/DVD) before classes begin and after you have paid and signed software licenses.
- The Engineering Software Bundle is usually not billed until late in summer, and unavailable for download until just a few days before classes begin.
University Undergraduate Bundle
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Azure Dev Tools: Microsoft developer tools
- MATLAB: Mathematical analysis software
- SOLIDWORKS: 3D CAD design software
- SAS JMP Pro: Statistical analysis software
- CATME: Teamwork software
- PDF Annotator: Note taking and document revision software
Software Bundle Download will be available to students as soon as purchase is completed and licenses are signed.
List of Additional Software Available to Undergraduate Engineering Students
Do you still have questions?
If you need more immediate assistance, please email our Instructional Technology Office or call 540-231-9076.