IT Support for Dean's Office Personnel
IT Support Resources
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Spirion / Identity Finder - Spirion Identity Finder will help find and remove sensitive data on your computer and on network shares.
- Virginia Tech Password Guide - What password goes with what and how to reset them
- Dean's Office Faculty and Staff Getting Started Guide
- How to connect your mobile device to the VT-Wireless network
- Using the university VPN (Virtual Private Network) - A VPN is required when you are not at Virginia Tech and need to connect to the file server (departmental and personal shares), or download software from http://network.software.vt.edu. It is also helpful when using library resources and is often needed to connect to the Exchange server when using Outlook.
- COE Dean's Office Backup Information
- Vendor Deals for Students/Faculty/Staff
Email Related Information
Connecting to Exchange (mail and calendaring)
When connecting to Exchange from outside Virginia Tech (and not using Weboutlook) you may need a VPN connection first. This depends on your Internet Service Provider's policies. The VPN does not secure your connection: it only provides an on campus ip address which is necessary to connect to some services.
- Configuring Desktop Client or Mobile Device to Connect to the Virginia Tech Exchange Server
- Outlook - Office365
- Outlook Search Tips
Miscellaneous Email Help Articles
- Email archiving (Windows only) - We recommend archiving all email over three years old. State regulations require that three years worth of Sent mail be saved if it pertains to university business. Finance employees should save five years of sent mail.
- Share your calendar using Outlook
- How to delete cached autofilled email addresses
- How to recover a permanently deleted email