About the Center for the Enhancement of Engineering Diversity—CEED
Since 1992, the Center for the Enhancement of Engineering Diversity (CEED) has provided encouragement and support to engineering students, focusing on the under-represented population. Our office recognizes that Virginia Tech students are among the best and brightest, and assists them in achieving excellence.
CEED Objectives and Goals:
- to increase the diversity of students who apply to, enroll, and graduate from the College of Engineering;
- to increase the awareness of engineering and other technical fields as an exciting and rewarding career path to a diverse population;
- to provide academic, professional and personal support programs;
- to provide support to student organizations that support our mission, including the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, the Society of Women Engineers, and Council for the Advancement of Minority Engineering Organizations; and
- to foster collaboration between the CEED, the University, industry, and the local community.