Companion device requirements - You may use an Apple/Mac laptop, but you will also need a companion device for inking in class.
- Macbook Requirements - Apple Macbook must meet all of the same requirements as a Windows pc.
- Apple Software - Bring all your original software to school as it will be needed to install Windows. Please see the Apple Bootcamp Instructions for more information.
- Software Installation - Microsoft Windows 10 and Mac Office 2016 are available to download from Network Software after the Undergraduate Bundle is purchased.
- Student Software Support - SWAT will provide help with Apple Bootcamp and Windows installation and issues.
- Damage Protection - Apple laptops do not normally have a damage protection warranty. These can be purchased separately from vendors such as Safeware (available through the University Bookstore) and Squaretrade.
- Purchasing Your Macbook - Discounted pricing is available from the University Bookstore or the Apple Education Store (Search under Higher Education by zipcode for 24061 and select "Va Polytechnic Inst State University").