Global Programs Graduate Assistant
Global Engagement Graduate Assistant
Title: Global Programs Graduate Assistant
Department: Global Engineering, Engagement and Research (GEER), College of Engineering
Type of Position: Full-time Graduate Assistantship for AY 2019-2020
Reports to: Director of Global Engagement
Hours: 20 hours/week
Pay scale: Step 13
About the Office:
The Global Engineering, Engagement and Research (GEER) Office in the College of Engineering is responsible for supporting and promoting the international activities of the college, including education abroad and exchange programs for students, international research and faculty activities, hosting international visitors, and international alumni relations.
General Purpose of Position:
The responsibility of the graduate assistant is to provide program support for the activities and initiatives of the GEER office. Primary emphasis of the graduate assistant is on the development, implementation and support of the International Research Experience for Students (IRES) program and two international internship programs with industry partners. Other responsibilities include developing program assessment tools.
- Support the development and execution of the IRES program, including marketing, management of travel logistics, applications, interviews, and participant selection and support (50%)
- Coordinate two international internship programs—the Rolls-Royce Internnational Internship Program and SPTS International Internship—including coordination with industry partners, overseeing travel and visa logistics, and student support (25%)
- Develop assessment tools for program evaluation and measurement of global compentencies in collaboration with the Department of Engineering Education (25%)
- Support visits, events, and general activities for GEER office staff (20%)
- Support new program development as needed (5%)
Qualified candidates will have a positive attitude, excellent oral and written communication skills, outstanding organizational skills including attention to detail, and proficiency in Microsoft Office and MS Publisher or other graphic design software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in cross-cultural situations
- High attention to detail
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Excellent time management
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer-service orientation
- Good teamwork skills
Interested applicants may submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their qualifications and interest in the position to April Keene at email@example.com. Materials must be received by Wednesday, June 26, 2019.