Consider an opportunity to do research abroad! International research offers you the opportunity to grow as an engineer and increase your global awareness. Apply your engineering skills in a practical way and build skills in business and cultural relations.
Here are ways to begin:
- Talk with your academic advisor
- Ask your engineering department for information about opportunities to do research abroad
- Take a look at International Research Experience for Students (IRES)
- Contact the Office of Undergraduate Research
Funding for research:
- Fulbright Program
- Others: Ask your department about scholarship funds and take a look at the Study Abroad Scholarships page.
Before going abroad:
Any student traveling internationally must fill out the Virginia Tech Global Travel Assessment. This Excel form can be requested from this email address: email@example.com.
- In Excel, select the "Individual Student Abroad" tab.
Global Engineering, Engagement and Research
Forms and Information