Faculty-Led Group For Credit: Faculty or staff member leading a group of two or more students overseas on a trip for credit. Examples: study abroad, for-credit research, course required field-trip
Faculty-Led Group Not For Credit: Faculty or staff member leading a group of two or more students overseas on a trip not for credit. Examples: Service-learning, competitions, conferences, research (not for credit)
Faculty/Staff Member Traveling Abroad on university business with no more than one student: A faculty or staff member is traveling abroad on university business AND no more than one student is involved in the travel.
- Proposal for New International Initiatives (online survey) The online proposal is the first step in initiating a new international program or agreement. The IPFC (COE International Programs Faculty Committee) and the COE director of global engagement will review the proposal.
- Faculty Resource Guide
- DAAD Group Study Visits (Germany)
- Submission of Export Control Questionnaire (Required for all visitors)
- Invitation letters and Process: Individual faculty, departments and colleges may NOT issue their own invitation letters. For more information: International Support Services--International Visitor Guidelines
- Proposal to Host an International Delegation : To be filled out for a visit involving the president/provost of another university or a visit involving more than one department or college at VT.
- International Support Services (ISS) Office International Visitor Guidelines
- International Support Services (ISS) Office guidelines for hosting a J1 Visa holder
- International Support Services (ISS) Office guidelines for hosting a B/Visa waiver holder
Global Engineering, Engagement and Research
Forms and Information