Contact the Global Engineering Office to learn about the range of options for organizing new international programs.
Joining the Academy for Global Engineering
Faculty can join this community of research and practice and gain access to resources for grant incubation, program development, and program assessment.
Developing Faculty-led International Trips
- Contact the Global Education Office to learn how to propose a faculty-led, for-credit study abroad program.
- Contact VT Engage for non-credit faculty-led trips.
Finding Financial Support
Federal Government Grants
National Science Foundation Office of International Science and Engineering (OISE)
Fulbright-Hays Programs Overview
Fulbright Hays Faculty Research Abroad
Fulbright Hays Group projects abroad
Fulbright Hays seminar abroad program and special bilateral projects
Initiating a Collaboration with an International Partner
Propose a new agreement to support research and teaching activities with an international partner.
Hosting an International Visitor
- Submit an Export Control Questionnaire (required for all visitors).
- Review the International Support Services--International Visitor Guidelines before issuing any invitation.
- Complete a Proposal to Host an International Delegation for visits involving the president/provost of another university or a visit involving more than one department or college at VT.