Black Engineering Excellence at Virginia Tech (BEE VT)
Note: Due to the continued uncertainities surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we have moved this program online for summer 2021.
Black Engineering Excellence at Virginia Tech (BEE VT) is a two-week summer, residential, program at our main campus in Blacksburg, Virginia for rising junior and senior high school students. It offers an opportunity to explore the many facets of engineering while also learning about college life--from residence halls to classrooms and everything in-between. While this program is designed to attract underrepresented students, we welcome the participation of any student who has a potential interest in engineering at Virginia Tech. Our program activities are planned using a multicultural perspective though we place special emphasis on the African-American identity.
BEE VT camp will be held Monday, July 5 – Saturday, July 17, 2021. It has yet to be determined if the program will be in person or online. Applications are now open! Applicants will be evaluated and admitted on a rolling basis until the program is full.
What is BEE VT all about?
- Exploring applications of engineering in a way that is fun and exciting
- Spending time involved in hands-on activities designed to increase your interest in and knowledge of applications of engineering to real world situations
- Attending seminars to help you prepare for the college application process
- Interacting with others interested in pursuing careers in various engineering fields
- Completing an engineering design project
- Learning about the support programs available for underrepresented students