Virginia Tech™home

Transferrable Credits from other Universities

Female student turning to look at the camera.

Finding Transferrable Engineering Courses

To find engineering (ENGE) courses that will transfer to Virginia Tech from other colleges and universities, use the university's undergraduate transfer equivalency database, accessible here

You can also browse the Virginia Community College list of transferable courses by downloading the PDF below. 

ENGE Transfer VCCS Memo 4.16.2020.pdf

Getting Approval to Take a Transfer Course

Any currently enrolled Virginia Tech student planning to transfer in courses for an engineering degree must complete one of the following approval forms: 

Transfer Credit Request form from Virginia Community College Classes

Transfer Credit Request form for U.S. Schools (NOT Virginia Community Colleges)

Transfer Credit Request form for International/Study Abroad Schools
Questions should be directed to Ryan Wagoner (, 100 F2 Randolph).