Scholarships for Prospective Students
The College of Engineering offers a variety of scholarships to both freshmen and transfer engineering students.
First-Year Students Scholarships
Scholarships for entering first-year students, both merit and need-based, and both university-level and college-level, require completion of the General University Scholarship Application. If you are applying for admission to Virginia Tech, you will first need to complete the admissions application. After submitting your admissions application, you should receive an email from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions with instructions on logging into your Guest Account. After creating your Guest Account, you may log in to Scholarship Central 1-2 business days later using the same login credentials. The deadline to submit the General University Scholarship Application is typically mid-January. Please see the full information for Scholarship Central here.
Transfer Student Scholarships
Transfer students from Virginia's community colleges may apply for the David R. Hale Scholarship.
- Admitted to Virginia Tech College of Engineering for a summer or fall start term
- Graduated from a Virginia Community College
- Earned an qualifying associate degree (AAS or AS in engineering or computer science)
- Starting at Virginia Tech in a summer or fall semester as a transfer student
One $3,000 merit-based scholarship
How to Apply:
Before you start the online application, please note that you'll need to upload your VCCS transcripts as part of the process. You will also need to have accepted your offer of admission and set up for your VT username to access the application.
- The transcript(s) can be unofficial
- If you have attended more than one VCCS instititution, kindly combine your transcripts into one single PDF file before uploading.
Complete the online application (available mid-April)