The following scholarships are available to entering freshmen in engineering:
- Davenport Leadership Scholarships are $7,000 renewable awards based on academic merit. Recipients of this award must be U.S. Citizens or permanent residents. The application for this scholarship consists of two stages. All those invited to submit an application will be notified of the award status by February 23, 2018. This scholarship does not require financial aid (as determined by FAFSA), but is open to U.S. Citizens only.
- Stage 1: Brief responses to an Online Form must be submitted between December 1, 2017 and January 15, 2018, asking for information about extracurricular activities, leadership positions, and honors and awards, employment (paid or volunteer), and current high school GPA (as reported in last grade report), and current email address.
- Stage 2 (By invitation only): Full application. Following review of initial responses, candidates will be invited by January 17, 2018 to submit a full application.
- Pratt Scholarships have no application process. Students will be selected for these one-time $5,000 awards on the basis of superior academic credentials. Recipients of these awards will be notified by late Febraury 2018. This scholarship does not require financial need (as determined by FAFSA). International students will be considered for this scholarship.
- All other freshmen scholarships have no application process. Students will be considered for remaining scholarships based upon admission to the College of Engineering as an entering freshman student in General Engineering. Announcements of these awards will be made by late Febraury 2018.
Email with questions or call (540) 231-2226
Transfer Student Scholarships
Transfer students from Virginia's community colleges may apply for the Leo A. Padis Scholarships. Padis Scholarships are available only to Engineering Associate Degree graduates of the Virginia Community College System. Awards are $1000 and are merit based.
Applications will be available beginning March 2018 for new transfer students starting summer or fall 2018. Application deadline is June 1, 2018.