Transferring into the College of Engineering
Applying to Virginia Tech from another college or university is an easy and simple process.
Virginia Tech typically admits new transfer students to begin enrollment in the spring, summer, or fall semester; for individual majors, it may be more advantageous to start in the summer or fall instead of spring. More information.
Minimum Requirements for Admission as a Transfer Student to Virginia Tech's College of Engineering
Please refer to Admissions Transfer Roadmaps for minimum requirements for each engineering major
- Degree-requirements (checksheets)
- Virginia Community College credit
- Other domestic institution transfer credit
- On-Campus Housing
- Transfer Experience – living with other transfer students
- Traditional On-Campus housing - not specifically with other transfer students
- Off-Campus Housing
- Transfer Student Advising, Initiatives, and Community