Graduate Research Assistantship
What is a GRA?
- A university professor hires a GRA’s, a graduate student in good standing, to conduct part-time research on a specific academic project related or unrelated to the student’s thesis/dissertation
- Payment comes in the form of a stipend and tuition assistance from the College
How to apply for a GRA?
- Based on merit & experience
- Talk to professors with work in your interest area.
- Identify faculty and the areas of research they specialize in by looking through the Faculty Expertise Guide, a searchable listing of faculty and their areas of expertise.