Engineering Open House
Engineering Open House 2019 will be held on Monday, April 1.
Are you a high school student interested in applying to Virginia Tech's College of Engineering or an undergraduate college student interested in transferring into Virginia Tech and the College of Engineering? If so, join us for a day full of activities that highlight all that Virginia Tech and the College of Engineering have to offer.
Registration is Now Closed.
Registered participants will be able to attend:
- Presentations highlighting the college's fourteen different engineering departments as well as student community programs and services.
- Admissions Information Session that lay out the admissions process and explain specific engineering requirements.
- Department and Student Organizations Showcase from 11:15AM to 2:15PM is a unique opportunity to meet faculty, program administrators, and current engineering undergraduates. Representatives from engineering departments and campus student organizations will be available to answer questions and engage in conversation.
- Student Project Displays showcasing award-winning student design projects.
- Lab Tours offering a first-hand look at the technology and resources available to students beyond the classroom. Please note: Due to space constraints, we ask that students attend these tours without parents to ensure that all interested students are able to attend.
- Campus Tours leaving from Squires Student Center are also available. Advanced registration is not required.
Day of Information
The event will run from 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM on Monday, April 1, 2019 and be held almost entirely in Squires Student Center. Families will park in the Chicken Hill Parking Lot, located at 751 Southgate Dr. Blacksburg, Virginia 24061, where they will await shuttles that will take them to Squires Student Center and drop them off on the Alumni Mall side. Registration will officially open at 7:45 AM, and opening remarks, given by Dean Julia M. Ross will be held from 8:30 AM to 8:50 AM in Commonwealth Ballroom.
This event consists of three main parts – Presentations, Tours, and the Booth Showcase:
- Presentations will be held at 5 times throughout the day in Squires Student Center and the Graduate Life Center: 9:05-9:55, 10:10-11:00, 11:15-12:05, 1:25-2:15, and 2:30-3:20
- Lab Tours will be held at the same times as the presentations and are open to students only. Tours will leave from the space between Commonwealth Ballroom and Haymarket Theatre. Volunteers will take the students to and from the labs.
- The Booth Showcase will run from 11:15 AM - 2:15 PM in Squires Old Dominion Ballroom. Tables will be provided and you can set your stuff up in the room as early as 9 AM.
- Campus Tours will also be offered at 10:10 AM, 11:15 AM, and 1:25 PM and will leave from the lobby of Squires Student Center.
Other Important Information
- Lunch is not provided. Students and their families are encouraged to check out the university's award-winning dining facilities or numerous off-campus dining options, many within walking distance of campus.
- Staying overnight? Blacksburg accommodations.
- Already accepted? If you are an already accepted high school senior, you should schedule a campus visit through the Hokie Focus website.
- More information about visiting Virginia Tech
- Not able to attend? If you would like to schedule a visit to Virginia Tech and the College of Engineering on a different day, please visit the Information Sessions page or email EngrRecr@vt.edu
For more information, please call the Office of Academic Affairs at 540-231-7411 or email EngrRecr@vt.edu