Engineering Open House was held April 3, 2017.
Check back for information on Open House in 2018!
Are you a high school student interested in applying to Virginia Tech's College of Engineering or an undergraduate college student interested in transferring into Virginia Tech and the College of Engineering?
Join us for a day full of activities that highlight all that Virginia Tech and the College of Engineering has to offer. The cost to attend this event is free.
Registered participants will be able to attend:
- Presentations highlighting the college's fourteen different engineering departments as well as student community programs and services.
- Admissions Information Session that lay out the admissions process and explain specific engineering requirements.
- Department and Student Organizations Showcase from 11:15AM until 2:15PM is an opportunity to meet faculty, program administrators, and current engineering undergraduates. Representatives from engineering departments and campus student organizations will be available to answer questions and engage in conversation.
- Student Project Displays showcasing award-winning student design projects.
- Lab Tours offering a first-hand look at the technology and resources available to students beyond the classroom. Please note: Due to space constraints, we ask that students attend these tours without parents to insure that all interested students are able to attend.
- Campus Tours leaving from Squires Student Center are also available. Advanced registration is not required.
Information and Data from Open House 2016
Past Presentations with Attendance Figures
Complete schedule of events
Attending departments and organizations
Other Important Information
- Lunch is not provided. Students and their families are encouraged to check out the university's award-winning dining facilities or numerous off-campus dining options, many within walking distance of campus.
- Staying overnight? A list of accommodations in the Blacksburg area are provided here.
- Already accepted? If you are an already accepted high school senior, you should schedule a campus visit through the Hokie Focus website.
- Find out more information about visiting Virginia Tech
- Not able to attend? If you would like to schedule a visit to Virginia Tech and the College of Engineering on a different day, please visit the Information Sessions page or email EngrRecr@vt.edu
For more information, please call the Office of Academic Affairs at 540-231-2226 or email EngrRecr@vt.edu