Young Ho Chang
CEO of ATCS
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Virginia Tech, 1987
- M.S., Civil Engineering, University of Virginia, 1996
President, ATCS, PLC, Herndon, Virginia, since 2015
Why I Serve On The Board
Virginia Tech has had a significant influence in my career and life and this is another opportunity to give back.
Former Professional Positions
- ATCS, President, 2015-present
- ATCS, Executive Vice President, 2005-2010
- Fairfax County Department of Transportation, Director, 1999-2005
- ATCS, Vice President, 1998-1999
- VDOT, Assistant District Engineer and other positions, 1987-1998
Corporate Board Positions
- Board of Directors, Quarles Petroleum
- Eno Transportation Advisory Board Member, 2004 - 2008
- Governor's Virginia Transportation Accountability Commission, Vice Chairman, 2007
- ASCE Dulles Rail Tunnel Study Panel, 2006
- Virginia Senate Finance Transportation Technical Advisory Group, 2005
- Capital Beltway HOT Lanes PPTA Project Advisory Panel, 2003-2004
- PTI Transportation Steering Committee, 2003-2005
- VACO Transportation Steering Committee, 2004, 2005
- Eno Foundation Transportation Fellow, 1996
- Ruling Elder, CCPC
- Virginia Tech Civil Engineering and Environmental Alumni Board, Chair and Vice Chair, 2016 - present
- Virginia Tech Committee of 100 Member, 2017- present
- Korean American Scholarship Foundation Board Member, 2017 - present
- Fun Fact: We are a family of Hokies!
- My wife Sandy received her B.A. and M.A. in Education at Virginia Tech in 1988 and 1995.
- Our son, Justin, graduated in 2017 with a B.S. in Civil Engineering.
- Our daughter, Jamie, graduated in 2020 from Virginia Tech with a B.S. in Packaging Systems and Design.