C-Tech² - Computers and Technology at Virginia Tech
C-Tech² offers an opportunity to learn about college life--from residence halls to classrooms and everything in-between. It provides access to information and technology necessary to best prepare you for your future. The C-Tech² program is designed and intended for rising junior and senior high school girls.
This year we will offer two sessions of this program. The first (C-Tech^2) will expose students to the broad range of engineering disciplines. The second, University Partnership for Workforce Advancement and Research & Development in Semiconductors (UPWARDS), will focus on the microelectronics industry, cleanroom fabrication and career opportunities. Participants should be interested in pursuing electrical, computer, materials science or chemical engineering or a related field. UPWARDS is funded in part by the National Science Foundation, Micron Technology, Inc., and Tokyo Electron Ltd.
- C-Tech²: Sunday, June 30 – Saturday, July 13, 2024
- UPWARDS: Sunday, July 14 - Saturday, July 27, 2024
- Applications are open for 2024.
- Applications close: Sunday, March 10th
- Notification of Decision: Friday, March 29th
What is C-Tech² all about?
- Exploring applications of engineering in a way that is fun and exciting.
- Spending time involved in hands-on activities designed to increase your interest in and knowledge of applications of engineering to real world situations.
- Attending seminars to help you prepare for the college application process.
- Interacting with others interested in pursuing careers in various engineering fields.
- Completing an engineering design project
- Meeting industry representatives and learning about what they’re looking for
220 Gilbert Street (MC 0275), Blacksburg, Virginia, 24061
Phone: (540) 231-7337