The College of Engineering strategic plan centers around three strategic priorities: strengthen our community, build the infrastructure and resources to support our vision, and align education and research for impact in a rapidly changing world.
Associated with each of these three priorities are a variety of goals we use to guide implementation activities and evaluation processes.
Strategic Priority 1: Strengthen Our Community
- Recruit top talent from a diverse population to lead tomorrow’s workforce
- Develop and retain talent
- Foster an inclusive culture that supports a healthy work-life balance
- Deepen relationships with our alumni
Strategic Priority 2: Build the Infrastructure and Resources to Support Our Vision
- Expand and improve access to space and facilities
- Grow and diversify revenue streams
- Increase organizational agility and use of data in decision-making
Strategic Priority 3: Align Education and Research for Impact in a Rapidly Changing World
- Offer world-class, affordable educational experience at scale
- Accelerate transdisciplinary activity
- Build Greater Washington D.C. Area strategy and capacity
- Expand the College of Engineering reputation nationally and internationally