The welding shop has grown from a few welders to having the equipment shown below. Ware Lab encourages students to get welding certified so that they can learn aspects of hands-on manufacturing. The newest addition to the shop is a CNC plasma cutter from Plasma CAM which has been used extensively by many teams since its installation.
- Miller Syncrowave 250DX TIG Welder
- ESAB Migmaster 250 Welder
- Plasma CAM Inc DHC
- ThermalDynamics Cutmaster 82 Air Plasma
- ThermalDynamics PAK Master 75XE Plasma
- Dual Draw Downdraft Clear Air Station
- Trinco Dry Blast Sandblaster
- Farnas Belt Sandblaster
- DeWalt DW758 Grinder, donated by DeWalt
Certified students may use the weld shop 24/7. The Ware Lab supervisor is available to provide assistance as needed.
For information on how to gain access to the Ware Lab and weld shop, please visit the Lab Access page. Any student in the College of Engineering involved in an undergraduate Ware Lab project can use the machine shop after completing certification.