Accessing the Welding Shop
- Complete all requirements for admission to the general area per Ware Lab Policy Manual Section 2.1.
- Once you have completed BSE 3494 with a minimum of B+ or better your name will be added to a list compiled by the class’s instructor indicating that you have completed the course in a satisfactory manner.
- Obtain a minimum score of 85/100 on the welding shop safety quiz posted on Canvas.
- Complete all necessary EHS online training.
- Complete Weld Shop Training with the supervisor (this takes about an hour). This training must be scheduled with the Ware Lab supervisor.
- When all items above are met, the supervisor will add your information to the database for swipe card access. This card must be on your person when you are doing hot-work in the lab.