Faculty and Industry Involvement Opportunities
- Blast Summer Camp - 4-day summer residential camp for 8th and 9th grade students exploring STEM majors. Organized in conjunction with the Virginia Space Grant Consortium.
- C-Tech² - 2-week summer residential camp for rising high school junior and senior girls to explore engineering
- Imagination Summer Camp - Two week summer engineering day camps for rising 7th and 8th graders
- K-12 Campus Request campus visits from K-12 schools throughout the region. Current opportunities:
- Beans & Rice – Pulaski High students in June
- Roanoke County Gifted Middle School Classes late September
- TechGirls Summer Camp - 3-day summer session for high school girls from the Middle East and North Africa. Part of a larger Legacy International Program.
- Pre-College Initiative - academic year Saturday Academy for underrepresented high school students conducted by NSBE, the National Society of Black Engineers. Often features a particular engineering department. two session during the fall semester, and three in the spring.
- STEP - summer academic and orientation program for entering engineering students
- Slush Rush - weekly Friday afternoon sessions for Galileo and Hypatia engineering students to talk with faculty in a happy hour type atmosphere
- Women's Preview Weekend - weekend event in early April for females offered admission to the College of Engineering to visit campus