Galileo is currently full with a long wait list. We are no longer accepting applications for this program. Hypatia is still accepting applications.
Applications are reviewed on weekly basis until the community is full. It is best to apply as early as possible!
How to Apply
Any student who has been accepted to the College of Engineering may apply to our communities.
How do I get to the application?
If you have already accepted your admissions offer follow these steps:
- Go to the Living and Learning Communities housing website.
- Read through the instructions and information. Near the bottom of the page you will see boxes for each living learning community. Click on the community you are interested in applying to and follow the instructions.
- You will need your admissions application number to apply. So have that number ready!
- Fill out your information and complete all essays and other questions. Reviewers will not review an incomplete application so make sure you have answered everything!
We recommend these be written in a Word document and have someone review your work before submission. You may copy and paste the essays into the on-line application.
Each essay question has a required length of 300-500 words. If they are shorter than 300 words or longer than 500 words, your application will be denied.
What is Next?
- Application revisions begin January and proceed up to and through May 1 or until the communities are full.
- Decisions are made on a rolling basis. We review a new set of applications every Monday and return decisions to those applicants by the following Monday.
- Applications are reviewed by community faculty and staff, and current upper class community members.