As members of the Galileo and Hypatia communities, freshmen are automatically placed on a small mentoring team, consisting of 6-7 other first-year students and an upper-class mentor. Mentor teams are formed according to the area of the building you live in so you have easy access to your mentor and your other team members. The meetings are required as part of the community course and occur once a week for the first ten weeks of the fall semester.
Mentor teams meet once a week for the first 10 weeks of fall semester, participating participate in activities such as:
- Exploring campus together before classes begin, familiarizing first-year students with the areacampus
- Attend the CEED “O” (Opportunities) Show the first weekend on campus where you can meet all the engineering design teams and student organizations in a fair atmosphere
- Attending campus events together
- Dining off-campus with your team, compliments of the CEED office
- Discussing topics such as the course request process for spring semester, creating relationships with faculty and why it’s important, study habits, involvement in clubs and student organizations, preparing for career fairs, time management, and MUCH more