Apply for Galileo & Hypatia
How to Apply
Any first year student who has been accepted to the College of Engineering may apply to our communities.
How do I get to the application?
Be sure you have already accepted your admissions offer and follow these steps:
- Go to the Living and Learning Communities housing website.
- Read through the instructions and information. When you are ready to apply go to the StarRez portal link provided and walk through the steps of completing your housing contract. The application for the Galileo and Hypatia communities will be available after you complete this step.
- You will need your PID and password to apply. So have that info ready
- Fill out your information and complete all essays and other questions. Reviewers will not review an incomplete application so make sure you have answered everything!
We recommend this be written in a Word document and have someone review your work before submission. You may copy and paste the essay into the on-line application.
The essay question has a required length of 300-500 words. If it is shorter than 300 words or longer than 500 words, your application will be denied.
We highly recommend you read through the webpages explaining the course, mentoring, etc before you write your essay. Another great place for info on the community is our student run website that includes some common FAQ responses.
- "Why do you want to be part of Hypatia/Galileo? Briefly explain how you would bring a unique perspective, background, or set of experiences to our community."
What is Next?
- Application revisions begin in late January and proceed up to and through May 1 or until the communities are full.
- Decisions are made on a rolling basis. We review a new set of applications every Monday and return decisions to those applicants by the following week.
- Applications are reviewed by community faculty and staff, and current upper class community members.
For questions or concerns concerning Hypatia/Galileo, send an e-mail to DeAnna Katey.