Accessing the Advanced Engineering Design Lab Facilities
General Area Access Only (per Section 2.1 - AEDL policy manual)
Students involved in a AEDL undergraduate project may gain card access to the lab. NO graduate level work can be conducted in the facility. The following requirements must be met before getting access to the lab.
- Obtain a minimum score of 85/100 on the AEDL General Policy quiz
AEDL general quiz on Canvas
- Ensure that you team leader has added your VT PID to the EHS Safety Management System (this can be batch proceeded using a comma delimited list of PIDs). Complete the EHS training specific to your team
Access the online EHS training classes
- Log in with your Hokie PID and PW.
- Once you pass the general quiz with a minimum of 85/100 and all required EHS classes
Complete the AEDL survey
- Once you finish taking the survey, print out the waiver form (shown at the beginning of the survey), sign and date it, and turn it into the AEDL Lab Manager in 103 Military Building. Also print out, sign and turn in your General Policy confirmation form, which is located at the end of the AEDL Policy manual, posted on Canvas.
- Once you have completed all requirements, a flag will appear on your account indicating you are eligible to get your AEDL badge at the Hokie Passport office. The badge costs $5.00 and must be visible from the front of your project bay. There is no charge if you give Hokie Passport your old badge.
- Permission to enter AEDL is granted after you have signed the waiver form, turned it into the AEDL manager and obtained the new badge from Hokie Passport.
Contact the Advanced Engineering Design Lab
501 Industrial Park Road, Blacksburg, VA 24060
Phone: (540) 231-1457 or (540) 231-5873