Accessing the Advanced Engineering Design Lab Facilities
General Area Access Only (per Section 2 - AEDL policy manual)
Students involved in a AEDL undergraduate project may gain card access to the lab. NO graduate level work can be conducted in the facility. The following requirements must be met before getting access to the lab.
In order to get your new Advanced Engineering Design Lab (AEDL) badge submit:
1. Screen capture of your completed EHS classes (all 6, on one page):
i. Electrical Awareness
ii. HAZCOM RTK (right to know)
iii. Hand and Power Tool Safety
iv. Hazard Assessment
v. Lockout-Tagout Awareness
vi. Portable Fire Extinguishers
2. Screen capture of your Canvas General Quiz score (min. score of 85/100 required). To enroll in the AEDL Canvas site go to: https://canvas.vt.edu/enroll/9WAR7N
3. Screen capture of your AEDL Survey Completion Page. Survey site location will be provided by your team lead.
4. Scanned AEDL waiver form (located at beginning of AEDL Survey).
5. Scanned Policy Manual Confirmation Form (this is located on the last page of the Policy Manual posted on AEDL Canvas site under Files)
Email item 1 through 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org in one email.
AEDL Management will send you an email confirmation once all 5 items are submitted.
Once you obtain your new AEDL badge it must be placed outside of your cage PRIOR TO doing any work in the lab. The badge costs $5.00. There is no charge if you give Hokie Passport your old lab badge.
Contact the Advanced Engineering Design Lab
501 Industrial Park Road, Blacksburg, VA 24060
Phone: (540) 231-1457 or (540) 231-5873