Here are ways to begin:


Undergraduate and graduate students:

  • Talk with your academic faculty advisor
  • Ask your engineering department for information about opportunities to do research abroad
  • Take a look at the IRES (International Research Experience for Students) webpage

Undergraduate students:

Students posing on bridge

Funding for research:

  • Fulbright Program
  • Others: Ask your department about scholarship funds and take a look a the Study Abroad Scholarships page.

Before going abroad

Any student traveling internationally must fill out the Hokie Sentinel Global Travel Assessment. If you are traveling abroad to do research, please contact the College of Engineering Global Engagement Office or Randy Penson to find out how to register for travel