Please consider placing the below pieces of information on your Scholar/Canvas site and email to your virtual students prior to the first day of class:
- Please test your connectivity prior to the first class (http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html ) and
- For technical support, please call: 1-800 number for Cisco 1-866-229-3239 (U.S. and Canada) +1-408-435-7088 (International)
- Please check the information in this link to make sure your system meets the minimum system requirements for Webex: https://support.webex.com/MyAccountWeb/systemRequirement.do?root=Tools&parent=System
- To ensure the quality of the class, please purchase a reliable headset
- The quality of the bandwidth is important, so be sure to use a reliable internet connection (such as home or Library). It is our experience that students connecting at public places such as Starbucks have not been successful
- Students not on the Blacksburg Campus should use the COE proctoring link for all proctoring needs Engineering CGEP Proctoring Site – (not the IDDL site.)
- Scholar/Canvas preferred method for homework distribution and returning
- Scholar/Canvas can be set up to deliver homework to students at a certain time
- Students will need to fill out homework, scan and upload to Scholar/Canvas
- Exams should be distributed and received via Scholar/Canvas if possible
- If exams are sent electronically to Blacksburg or Northern Virginia for duplicating they need to be sent at least a week in advance so they are sent early enough for the site coordinator to have time to copy them.
- Please notify Maureen Fallon in Digital Media Services (email@example.com) of what day you will be giving your exam and if you will be using your assigned classroom.
- Final exam grades for non-VT students cannot be e-mailed due to FERPA regulations at VT, they must be uploaded to secure Scholar/Canvas site. This scenario does not happen often and our office will work with you to create a site.
Before the beginning of the semester, you will be contacted by the CGEP administrator to confirm textbooks.