Grado Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Industrial and Systems Engineering is concerned with solving problems through the application of scientific and practical knowledge. What sets Industrial Engineering apart is its reliance on an integrated systems approach and application over a broad scope, including: people, technology and organizational assessment and improvement.
The Grado Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering (ISE) recognizes that a strong educational foundation is the key to a successful engineering career. All of our students are taught by distinguished faculty. The faculty and staff of the ISE Department are dedicated to maintaining the high set of standards necessary to deliver a quality education.
At A Glance
The U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks the Virginia Tech ISE Department on Top 10 for both the undergraduate and graduate programs.
U.S. News & World Report (2015)
- #5 (tie) Undergraduate program
- #7 Graduate program
- Currently 28 Full-Time Professors
- 9 Full Professors (6 chaired professors)
- 9 Associate Professors
- 10 Assistant Professors
- 4 Research Faculty
- 11 administrative staff and 6 laboratory staff
- Approximately 700 undergraduate students (Sophomore, Junior & Senior classes only)
- 80 MS students, 12 MEA students
- 78 PhD Students
- Average GRE scores are 164 for Quantitative and 152 for Verbal.
- (540) 231-6656
250 Durham Hall (MC 0118)
1145 Perry Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061